CALL FOR VIDEO SUBMISSIONS
2016 World Dance Alliance – Americas: Digital Dance Concert
Submission Deadline: March 28, 2016
Selected works will be featured online through a digital dance concert format on the WDAA website. Select dance-for-camera works will also be presented at the 2016 WDA-Americas Conference & Festival at the Universidad de las Americas Puebla – August 7-12, 2016.
The World Dance Alliance – Americas announces a call for dance-for-camera works for the second annual WDDA Digital Dance Concert, a double-blind reviewed online presentation of videoed choreographies and dance films created specifically for the camera. The Digital Dance Concert aims to offer a virtual platform for choreographers, companies, and dance filmmakers to present, promote, and disseminate their work.
Selected works must demonstrate use of the camera in a creative way that highlights the dance differently than a traditional live stage performance. (We are not interested in pieces filmed exclusively from a stationary and/or one-angle camera.) All dance genres are welcome and pieces must not be more than 7 minutes in length.
The Digital Dance Concert is open to artists based in North, Central, and South America. Dance artists may submit work for consideration by completing and submitting the online application though the WDAA website. There is a maximum of two submissions per applicant.
Each submission is reviewed by governing members of WDAA and/or qualified professionals in the field of dance. Dance-for-camera works are selected based on how clearly artists fulfill their stated artistic intent (see artistic statement in submission information) and exhibit a creative relationship between the camera and the performer(s). The quality of cinematography and editing are also factors in selecting pieces.
Selected artists will have their conference registration fee waved.
Submitting artists must hold copyright permission for any music used in their films. The following resources may be of assistance:
Applicants must also show proof of membership in World Dance Alliance – Americas before the video can be reviewed. Please consult the WDAA website for membership details: https://wda-americas.com/join-wda/
By submitting an application and video link, you hereby agree to WDA-Americas Materials Release Agreement: https://wda-americas.com/materials-release-agreement/
- December 1 – March 28: Videoed dance work submissions are accepted
- April 2016: Review process
- May 2016: Selected applications are notified
- June 2016: Confirmation of selected artists who can attend the 2016 conference
- August 7-12: WDA-Americas Conference & Festival at the Universidad de las Americas Puebla
(You must be a current WDA-Americas member)
Please include the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 28, 2016.
Your Contact Information:
- First & Last Name
- Phone number
- City, State, Country
About the Work:
- Total Length (in minutes)
- Names of Performers
Link to the Online YouTube/Vimeo Video of Work:
- Password to the Online YouTube/Vimeo Video (if applicable):
Additional Required Information:
- Brief Choreographer or Company Bio (200 words or less). Accepted proposal bios will be included in the event guide, so please take time to craft your bio carefully.
- Artistic statement (400 words or less) that describes the artistic intention of the work and how this intention is presented to viewers
- Additional Comments.