Dear WDA-Americas 2019 Assembly Attendee,
We are so excited you are coming to El Paso soon to join us in what we think will be a meaningful, thought provoking, creative, and fun assembly! We recognize how complex it is to make travel arrangements, sourced funding, and make alternative plans for work/family/home life; therefore we are working very hard to make sure this WDA-Americas Regional Assembly is worth both you and the attendees’ time, energy, and money!
We request that all attendees take time to carefully review the following important information. Please share this email with others in a group you represent who will/may be attending. Additional details are available for each section via the links below:
- Registration – All participants must register who wish to partake at the many event opportunities during the Assembly week. If someone from your group has not registered online yet – they still can! Attendees will also be able to register/pay in person at the Wise Lobby during the posted times on the schedule. All attendees must check in at the registration desk to receive their badge/wristband to access the many activities and the fun “swag!” Attendees will also pick up their vouchers at the registration table for the evening performances occurring Feb. 14 & 15 @ 7:30. Assembly attendees must redeem these vouchers for their tickets at the box office which will be open 1:30-3:30 p.m. each day and also one hour prior to the performance. If you need assistance outside the registration times, please contact Scott Martin at (214) 460-6844 USA to make alternate registration time arrangements.
- Get to Know the Assembly Schedule – We have created an interactive, online, and mobile-friendly schedule housed on the WDA-Americas website for your use while at the Assembly. Note that we will not be printing a comprehensive physical guide for distribution with each activity’s details. Each attendee will receive a simple visual schedule handout to locate the “who, what, when, and where” of the many activities they can participate in. If you wish to have physical copies of the individual event details, please take the time before you arrive to carefully review the schedule and print out the details you wish to have on hand at the Assembly.
- UTEP Campus Maps & Parking Information – Note that students will be in classes at UTEP while the Assembly is occurring and parking rules will be enforced. All attendees need to download the UTEP Parking Pass from the WDAA site, print, and proximately display it in any vehicle they take to campus. There are designated parking locations for Assembly attendees and rules you need to familiarize yourself with. Those attendees who do not display the pass or park in incorrect/ unapproved lots will be subject to and responsible for paying any associated parking fines.
- Travel over the US/Mexico border – If you wish to cross the US/Mexico border for the Juarez portion of the Assembly on Saturday, or any other time during your visit to El Paso, please carefully review the US Homeland Security’s rules and procedures and don’t forget your Passport!
- Lodging, Food, & Internet – Make sure to download the information on how to access the free UTEP WiFi network while you are visiting the campus. We have also posted information on food availability around campus.
- Review the 2019 WDA-Americas Assembly Terms and Conditions – All participants will be required to agree and sign the terms and conditions at registration.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us. We look forward to seeing you next week in El Paso!
WDA-Americas Assembly Committee