The 2014 WDA Global Summit is being internationally coordinated and has it’s own webpage at: http://wdaglobalsummit2014.org.
Below are some general questions with answers which interested parties have made. We will add additional information as it becomes available. If you have more specific questions or need assistance, please contact the event coordinator Cheryl Stock at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do I have to be a member to submit a proposal?
To submit a proposal, you must be a current member in good standing.
- Can I apply for more than one program?
You can apply for more than one program. Note you may not be able to undertake all activities if you are chosen depending on scheduling and programming needs. For the Choreolab, you will be unable to participate in other activities as it is a very intense week long professional development program.
- How does one apply for Choreo lab?
This will be announced in November on the www.wdaglobalsummit2014.org website and you will submit on-line as for the other programs.
- When will I hear back if my proposal was accepted?
We will send out notifications mid January 2014 at the latest.
- How much does it cost to attend? Does the fee apply even when selected with any of the proposals?
For all programs (except the Choreolab) all individual pay a registration fee – costs are listed below. Master class selection may waive the registration fee.
- What does WDA offer in terms of travel, accommodation and meals for the artist during the summit?
You will need to cover your own expenses or apply to your own country or institution for funding. Some meals will be provided and accommodation will be very reasonable with good discounts – these are not yet available.
- What are the registration costs? (in euros)
- Non-members): 300
- Member: 250
- Early bird non-member: 250
- Early bird member: 200
- Concessions (student, unemployed): 150
- Masterclasses: 5
- Showcase and evening performances: 5
- On registration non-members can become members by adding 15 euro to their registration cost to claim the membership discount.